Next to building an entire housing structure, not many things are considered more of a major task to a woodworker than building a new bedroom. This is a true test of the craftsman’s talents and commitment, not to mention attention to detail and consistency. While a great level of skill and high quality tools will be required for such an undertaking, equally important is having a stock of bedroom furniture woodworking plans in your possession. This article will address the kinds of plans you will want to look for.
No matter if you happen to be looking to build a single piece such as a dresser or nightstand, or your ambition is to bring an entire room of quality furnishings to life, you need the right plans. You want plans that are simple to follow, yet striking and extraordinary in the finished products they produce. What you’re really looking for is peace of mind. It is extremely important that you have confidence in the plans you are following.
To gain this type of confidence, there are a number of things you must demand from your bedroom furniture plans.
1. They must be drafted and/or compiled by a master woodworker who uses them in his or her own work.
2. They must be accurate, down to the millimeter.
3. They must contain a list of tools and materials you will need to complete the project.
4. They must be clear enough and large enough to be seen and comprehended – there is no room for error.
5. They must be interesting. Nobody wants boring, cookie cutter bedroom furniture. If you do, just go to Ikea! Continue Reading →